Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crafting: Tatting


I've been on vacation for a few weeks and apparently during that time I've decided to become a tatter! I hit the thrift stores and came across a Coats & Clarks Book No. 124 - Old and New Favorites which originally cost 29 cents. I got my copy for 25 cents! I also picked up a bag of 4 500 yard skeins of vintage thread (all with the same die lot!) for $2.00. 

I had been teaching myself to tat for a few weeks prior to this thrifting discovery so I started right in on the Frosty Flowers Tatted Doily A-347. I really like the design even though I am not sure what I will do with a doily! I finished the first three rounds the first night.

I enjoy tatting. It is simple to learn but you can make a lot of designs. It also seems easy to design your own patterns which is something I've been thinking of doing as there aren't many icicle tatting patterns out there!   

No comments:

Post a Comment